WELCOME! COME IN AND SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!



I have been cruising the mommy blog directories, so I felt like I should put up a disclaimer for the new folks.

I AM CRAZY! I AM SNARKY! I AM CRASS! I AM A SMART ASS!

Yep! I am all of the above, with a little bit of nice rolled in for good measure (although I don’t show that often). I started this blog just wanting to shoot the shit…yes I do use potty words, they make me feel grown up (kinda)…and after 2 + months I have decided that is what I want to keep on doing. I love give away moms and PR moms rock…that is just not what I started this site for. The only thing I might give away is a small piece of my brain (I can’t afford a big piece, I would have nada left). I will dance for comments and I love followers, not just for the sake of following. If you like who I am and what I do- Follow me Bitches. If not, that is cool.

I am a non baby wearing, put your ass in a crib, drink from a bottle and a spanking you deserve is a spaning you will get mama. I DO NOT care how you raise your kid. If you want to breast feed until Junior High…that’s cool (I am gonna talk about your ass, but that is cool). No seriously, everyone parents in different ways. I parent the way I was parented and the way that 99% of the people I know were parented. I am from the south, so we tend to not be as “green” (unless you are talking about collards, I am all over that) as other regions. That does not mean I don’t respect others ways of parenting. I just ask that you respect mine.

I guess I should say when I talk about my awesomeness I am also being silly. I don’t think I am truly a Queen, or totally awesome…I have a few flaws…..just a few! ;o)






Photobucket





WARNING! WARNING!

WARNING! WARNING!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

My date with the teacher

I am sure that this is going to be a huge shock to all of y'all, but I must admit to my social awkwardness. I apparently did not stand in that line, or take that class is school. I was apparently way too busy being a smart ass and thinking I was great. This has led me to several not so comfy situations in the past. Normally I mentally prepare myself so I curb my non filtered mouth. This time I was very ill prepared.

I had the brightest idea to invite Ans's teacher to diner. She is going through a rough time with the loss of Ms. T. I also invited V, a fabo mommy of a classmate of Ans (who's son is so friggin cute! I could just pinch him). Thank God I invited V. I do believe the teacher would have put a stop to diner and told be to get an elfin cab.
See, sometimes I say things that I think are way funny and really they are way not. UGH! Kinda like Chandler on Friends.

I knew that shit was going south when she picked me up and asked me if I knew were V lived. I must stop here and let everyone know I am directionaly challenged. Never, ever ask me for directions. I totally suck. V lives right around the corner from me so I got directions from the Chief (he knows to use small words when talking about directions). So when teacher asked I was "Oh yes she lives in bah bah subdivision". Well teacher had pulled out of my driveway and was 1/2 to V's house when she said "oh we can go the back way". Oh shit. You should also know that I have serious OCD about driving the way I know. Serious. She then whips the car around on 2 wheels and we proceed to go the "back way". Ugh! I am getting that feeling in my stomach.

As she is driving we come to a super sharp curb that she almost runs smack into. Then she says "Whoops! I guess I need to be paying attention and not looking at Christmas lights". YA THINK?! Yall should prolly also know I am a super freak about speeding. I got a ticket almost 5 years ago. Freaked me out. I don't speed and I had a speedometer installed in my ass. I can sit in the passenger seat and tell you how fast your going. Let's just say teacher is a little law breaker.

So we come in the back way to V's neighborhood. She then turns to me and asks what house. WTF! I don't elfin know. I am still 3 blocks back when we did Dukes of Hazard over a pot hole. I told her I didn't friggin know the back way. Ugh!!!!

This is when I knew. I knew that she and I were not gonna get along. Nope. She is a red and I am a blue. It just aint gonna work. Man! All women have been in this position before. Normally I have an "out" plan, but I had never been on the date with a teacher. I didn't think I needed one. When I dated prior to meeting Dean I had a "out" plan for all dates. My friend would call and ask what kind of pizza the kids ate (even if the kids were not with her). If I said "cheese" all was clear. If I said anything else she was to call back 10 mins later with a reason for me to come home-right away. I was 3 blocks from my house and I knew I had a big fat sausage pizza on my hands, but no one to call and give me my out. Shit.
We pick up V! THANK GOD! She is way more my speed. She was my saving grace for the rest of the night. I swear if I said I liked X the teacher would scoff and say that was stupid. She seriously could not hold a conversation about anything other then school and her class. Very strange. I am starting to think at this point she is the one with social ackwardness.

I told several stories and had several "turd in the punch bowl" moments. Thank God for V. She would act interested and laugh. So when teacher went to the bathroom, V and I started talking "girl" talk. It was the best 10 minutes of the night. We were talking relationships and men. When teacher came back she was very uninterested and ready to go. We were suppose to run in a few stores next to the restaurant. Didn't happen. Teacher was done with me and my silly stories and giggly ways. Super fine with me. I was ready to pull the stick outta her ass.
So V and I continue the conversation about relationships in the car. We were talking about men appearing "perfect". Well naturally I said "Everyone thinks Dean is perfect, but he farts in the bed". You would have thought I said he screws male hookers every Tuesday night. Seriously, teacher gasped! What?! Does she not friggin fart? I mean really! Well V just runs with it and starts talking about how her little one farts in the bed. This was a conversation teacher was clearly not happy with. She changed the subject to how she completed college in 3 years. :rolls eyes: That is apparently because nobody introduced her to Mr.Bud or Miss. Wiser. Apparently the stick has been inserted for quit some time.
Don't get me wrong. I think that it is great that people have drive and goals.
I know that I am crass and rude. That is just how I roll, I guess. No kouth. Well I have some. I just chose to only use it at certain times. That night was not one of them.

So I found out that night that teacher does not get my kid at all! Ans's is the reigning burping champ and has been known to fart on people on purpose (she does get in trouble fyi). I also don't think I will be getting a "parent of the year" award".

I have not heard from teacher since. It is a pretty safe bet that I won't get asked out again. If I happen to get asked out, it is a sure bet that I will be busy. Oye!

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh she probably would have thrown me out of her car while it was still moving... LOLOLOL! I am so happy you got a nice "ten minutes" anyway ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! I just have to say I LOVE your sense of humor, this post had me laughing the whole way! The best part is, you know who you are and you don't change for anyone, GOOD FOR YOU! Hilarious! Sorry it didn't work out, I have moments like that too when I just don't mesh with someone. And when it doesn't, I don't even try, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story made me laugh so hard. You're too funny. Keep up the great blogging. PS. I was a teacher before I stayed home with Bug, and there was plenty of farting talk amongst us. You just got a fuddy-dudd!

    ReplyDelete